Over the course of the morning we learned a number of things:
- Naim can hold a handstand against the wall almost indefinitely. Certainly long enough for most of us to get bored!
- No-one seems to really like narrow grip, narrow feet overhead squats. Shame.
- The whereabouts of Trevor’s beard are yet to be determined…mysterious.
- I am capable of calling Sophie and Stephanie by the correct names. Finally.
- There is actually a pretty cool mathematical function (thanks, Manpreet!) for determining the total number of reps in a ‘ladder’ format WOD. Like this one for example:
Normal service is resumed
- Snatch 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
- Overhead squat 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
- 20x lateral hops over the barbell in between rounds (he he!)
So n/2 * (a+l) – where n is number of rounds, a is the first number in the sequence, and l is the last number – tells us that there were 55 reps of each of the barbell lifts. Educational.
Oh yeah, there were 200 lateral jumps too, but you already knew that. Clever.
More photographic evidence can be found on CrossFit London’s Flickr pages, here. Awesome.