Ok…so perhaps I was a little over-tired and under-caffeinated when this occurred to me last night: a CrossFit/Glee mash-up WOD would be kind of awesome.
Oh boy…it totally was (for me, at least!)
In the style of a regular episode of Glee, there was a small amount of comedy relief (me) followed by some musical numbers.
“Rehab“ 3x rounds (music link)
- 5x box jumps
- 5x left armed kettlebell swings
- 5x right armed kettlebell swings
- 5x left armed kettlebell snatches
- 5x right armed kettlebell snatches
- 10x squats
“You keep me hangin’ on“ – team workout for two people: as many partner assisted pull-ups as possible in 6 minutes (music link)
- Max partner one assisted pull-ups
- Team push-ups equal to the number of pull-ups by partner one
- Max partner two assisted pull-ups
- Team push-ups equal to the number of pull-ups by partner two
- 7x partner one deadlifts, followed by 7 partner one burp-glees*
- 7x partner two deadlifts, followed by 7 partner two burp-glees
Anyhoo, I was so busy coaching** this session that I completely forgot to take enough photographs. Sorry folks!
Finally a boisterous and excitable “welcome” to Ben and Mike from California and Texas respectively.
*Burp-glee: regular burpee, with the addition of the shout of “Glee!” at the top of the vertical jump. Props to Twyla for actually doing this during the workout.
**Ok, I was totally ‘dancing’ for most of the time. Like I said: It was awesome.
(Cheeky ‘thanks’ to CrossFit Invictus for the inspiration for the deadlift/burpee team workout)