This one is kind of a go-to favourite of mine. Takes all of 10 minutes to throw together and tastes amazing. Even better, it has a terrific breakdown of macronutrients to satisfy even the hardened Zone follower.
- 2x Salmon steaks (with or without skin)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2x ripe/soft avocados
- 1x red onion, finely chopped
- 1x lime, squeezed
- 1x small, red chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1x tsp of garlic powder
- Half a head of brocolli, cut into small florets
- 1x red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1″ ginger, finely sliced
1. Heat up your grill* (either oven or George Foreman-style)
2. Pat dry the salmon steaks, and lightly salt/pepper both sides
3. Peel avocados, and place in a bowl with onion, chilli pepper, garlic powder and lime juice. Mash into a lumpy pulp with a fork
4. Grill salmon until cooked, but still a little pink in the middle (roughly 4-8mins depending on grill type)
5. Mix broccoli, red pepper and ginger in a microwaveable dish with 1tbsp of water. Microwave on ‘high’ for 90-120 seconds**
6. Serve salmon on a plate with vegetables and a large dollop of fresh guacamole. Commence eating immediately!
*Pan fried salmon works quite well, too.
**If you don’t have a microwave, then the broccoli, peppers and ginger can be steamed, although this does take a little longer.