We’re excited to announce a Performance Nutrition workshop we’ll be holding in November at CrossFit SE11 with Pete Howe of Buff Box.
Buff Box currently write nutrition plans for some of the best athletes in the world including Steve Fawcett, Sam Briggs, Sara Sigmundsdottir, Karl Bjorgvin, Phil Hesketh, Team Reebok athletes Rob Lawson, Jordan Wallace and now working CJ Martin as part on the Invictus Seminar Team to provide nutritional support to all their athletes. They work closely with all their athletes to ensure they are getting the correct amount of energy (fuel) into their bodies to provide optimal performance and aid recovery.
The Performance Nutrition workshop they will be running with us on 21st November 2015 will give insight and instruction on how to properly use food as fuel through an approach that balances macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats, and protein) in an accurate and specific manner. Whether those goals are cutting weight, gaining weight, maintaining weight, and improving energy through workouts, enhancing recovery, aesthetics, or any combination of these needs; there is a proper method and formula. This is not a seminar to preach one method of eating over another – it is simply an explanation of science and the way the body actually uses specific nutrients to fuel specific activities.
The workshop schedule will be as follows:
- Coffee and introductions.
- Performance Nutrition
- Theory and case studies = results.
- Nutrition for Exercise & Sports
- Topics include: protein, carbohydrates, dietary fat, pre-exercise meals and snacks, fluids, quick energy, supplements, recovery, engineered foods.
- Athlete Performance Program.
- Lunch Break BuffBox Meal (supplied by us a meal worth £4.95, a drink and primal Protein bar).
- APP Athlete Performance Program WOD.
- Pete will stay around for the reminder of the day to hang out, chat and give an additional info with the athletes.
Takes place Saturday 21st November 2015, 9am – 2pm (approx.)
Price of the workshop is £35 and you can book online here.